This is how I approached looking at the brief initially:
What is the brief asking me to do?
- Design a leaflet for an organisation that wants to attract people to a volunteering task
- Leaflet needs to explore use of folds
- Needs space for 4 chunks of 120 words and space for contact/address
- need to consider display of leaflet (i.e. will it be posted or in a stand)
- A4 Paper or larger folded
- Consider types of paper and format of/types of fold
- Organisers want to attract new people
- Therefore I need to create something that get’s people’s attention, is worth looking at.
After looking at the brief I decided I wanted a real organisation or volunteering opportunity to base my leaflet on so went to the park to see what a local notice board had to offer. I came across a poster advertising an event showcasing the work of park rangers to keep the park in good order and the poster said they were looking for people to get involved. So I took a photo and then used that to inspire my design work.