Tag Archives: rationale one

Final design for Poster based on rationale one

Hi again,

I’ve been working on a few changes following Lorsen’s feedback and this is my final version of the poster. I’m aware I could still make more changes and Maria made some suggestions that if i had more time I’d like to try but as I’ve spent probably too long on this project I’m choosing to leave it as it is.

In the end I changed the title font to one within the program, as opposed to my hand drawn version (to make it more legible) and made all the font bold. I’ve added a whole load of daisies and musical notes from hand drawings in an effort to add so movement to the image.

It’s not perfect but in general I’m pleased with the outcome, take a look for yourselves below:

Final Poster design for rationale one

Final Poster design for rationale one

 

New Design for Rationale One

I’ve been working on a new version of a poster for rationale one. A quick recap for you about rationale one:

Produce a poster promoting a local event of your choice. Make the poster full of information about the event, where it’s taking place, when, what’s going on, timings, cost and what to expect. Include as much detail as possible for your audience.

This was my initial design for the rationale (see image below):

Overall photo of poster one

Old version of poster

And this is my new and hopefully improved design:

new version

New version of poster

I’d love to hear what you think about the colour scheme – I was going for something a little old jazz/smooth looking rather than bright and funky.

What do you think of the daisies? Are they enough of a hint towards the event being in a park or is something else needed?

Is the text/information clear enough – does it need to be bigger, smaller or a different colour? Feel free to comment on what you think works or doesn’t work within the poster.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!!

 

 

Exercise: Too much or not enough information – using illustrator

I last posted a comment about this poster nearly a month ago, and I feel like I’m finally nearing it’s completion. I’ve had two sessions with a friend who’s a graphic designer now, and feel like I have some level of competency with Illustrator and Photoshop.

I’ve made fairly substantial changes to the design of the poster. Here’s how it looked before:

Overall photo of poster one

Overall photo of poster one

And this is what the poster looks like now:

Bands in the park poster v.2

Bands in the park poster v.2

Continue reading