Following my tutor’s report on Assignment 5 I felt that project 13 had the weakest outcome and was the project I should dedicate time to improving. Here’s a before photo of the first series of prints from the project:
Complete series of combination mono and lino prints
And here’s a photo of some of the prints in the series after ‘improvements’:
Before printing my final series of prints. I wanted to spend a little time looking at colour combinations and thinking about what kind feel I wanted to create with colour.
In my last post (http://movedbybreath.com/printmaking/project-13-idea-development/) I mentioned towards the end of the post, wanting to take a bit of a risk and try a different combination print to what I first thought would work.
More on the process here:
Following on from looking at Edward Hoppers work I took some photo’s of the outside of my house in different lights to see how this changed the feel of looking into the house through windows or doors.
I then used these photo’s to make black and white back pen drawings of elements of the house that I thought could be drawn together to create a design for the lino print. I wanted to keep these black and white so I could think about shapes/lines before thinking about colour schemes for any prints.