I began working towards this Project yesterday. And so far it’s not had too many great results.
The tricky part of this Project seems to be getting the hang of Registering the paper both times so that the different masks line up without a gap or blurring. I haven’t yet managed to get a perfectly aligned two coloured monoprint.
Yesterdays attempt’s looked like this:
As you can see I’ve managed to either move the paper as I printed or (which I suspect is the case) I’m managing to move the printing plate, and haven’t got the lining up right as well.
I’d cut out four versions of the same masks so I gave it four attempts. Here’s the second one, I reversed the colours this time though to see how it looked.
The registration is better than the previous print but still out by quite a large margin. At least for the small leaf in the top right hand corner it looks like a more purposeful white outline. But the bottom leaf just looks ugly!
Feeling a little bit like I’d not achieved much I allowed myself to do a few experimental ghost prints with back drawing on. Here’s one as whole and then a close up photo to show the detail of the back drawing.
Today’s attempts look like this: