I wanted to see if increasing the amount of Ink on the Inking tray (an therefore on the roller) would help me to get a better first print using the Positive Mask on Watercolor Paper.
Here’s the result, still not as strong a Print as I would’ve liked, but an improvement:
Considering the strength of colour on the print above, I took a second Print using Printing Paper afterwards.
I then wanted to take a Print using the cut out leaves as a Positive Mask. I tried this on paper from a large sketch pad I had, the ink doesn’t look very even on the print and is quite faded. So I knew I’d want to try that again!
This gave me the idea to try this again but with much more Ink on the Printing Plate, and using more of the Leaves.
Again I’m not sure if it’s the paper or my beginners technique that makes the ink look quite uneven on the Print. But I do think the white left by the leaves looks good, strong contrast to the red ink.
I then removed the Leaves from the Printing Plate, and took a Print of the plate.
I actually quite like how the outline of the leaves is the strongest colour in the the image, and it stands out more because the ink in the background is faded.
This is where I finished for the day, before moving onto Masks based on my second favorite design.