I wanted to revisit my envelope design and found another flowery wrapping paper, but this one was slightly different, with a beige background and more delicate looking flowers, it actually resembles the ground. So I thought it would make a good envelope.
I stuck a simple rough address on the front to see how it would look like if it were to be posted and I think whilst it does look feminine it wouldn’t be off putting to people and it the colours of the envelope work well with the newer spade design.
After I’d done the designs I pinned them up just to see how they looked and think about what was left to do. I realised I hadn’t stuck in the chunks of 120 words to the leaflet or put any writing on the front so set about doing that.
I used some Rub-on transfers for the lettering on the spade, admittedly it might work better if the letters were larger, but I just wanted to see how that style and colour would look on the front. I think it works pretty well with the rest of the design. It’s not too bold but it’s got a sort of vintage 1940’s style (if that makes any sense).
I think that this combination of envelope and spade works best, the spade actually looks like a spade and I think it communicates well, and is interesting enough to attract new people to pick up the leaflet. In terms of folds I think the fold at the top of the spade is an interesting feature, but the folds within that make the text of the leaflet are’t too bold. I didn’t go to extreme’s to explore odd ways of folding, perhaps this is something I could’ve pursued more.