Exercise: Too much or not enough information – rationale 2, linocut

I started to carve out my design of the saxophone and unfortunately it wasn’t till I’d actually taken the first print that I realised I’d not reversed my design so that it was the way round I wanted it to be. So sadly it’s not the right way round, and I don’t think I’ve really got the time to do it all again.

Saxophone Linocut 1/6

Saxophone Linocut 1/6

I used a wine bottle to try and get even pressure – as you can see this didn’t really work.

Saxophone Linocut 2/6

Saxophone Linocut 2/6

Saxophone Linocut 3/6

Saxophone Linocut 3/6

The next three prints were done a day after the first set, and I thinned the ink with linseed oil and used a rolling pin to apply even pressure. This worked much more successfully giving me an even coverage of ink and a smooth colour.

Saxphone Linocut 4/6

Saxphone Linocut 4/6

Saxophone linocut 5/6

Saxophone linocut 5/6

Saxophone Linocut 6/6

Saxophone Linocut 6/6

Feeling semi happy with these prints I planned to write on the buttons of the saxophone the relevant information for the poster design (rationale 2).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *